Urgent Message from Missoula Water
We have received multiple calls this week from customers with frozen service lines. We recommend customers leave their faucets at a very slow drip for the next few weeks to reduce the likelihood of lines freezing due to the frost level. Please see the KPAX article released on March 13, 2019.
Welcome to Missoula Water! We provide drinking water, irrigation and fire protection to the citizens of the Missoula community.
Just below Missoula is one of the finest sources of groundwater in America, the Missoula Valley Aquifer. It's an incredible source of clean, fresh water, but in some places it's no deeper than 40 feet below the surface, making it very susceptible to contamination. Let's all work together to keep our water clean and protect our most valuable resource.
Establishing New Service
Are you moving in to a new home?
- Our friendly customer service staff will help you get signed up for water service. Please contact us at 406-552-6700 or email the water customer service to establish or disconnect service.
- You can pay online, by phone or mail, or pay in person at our West Broadway office. See all payment options under Pay Your Bill.
- Direct Debit is also available. You can also complete a form to Sign Up (PDF) for Direct Debit or to Reactivate (PDF) Direct Debit.
Billing and Service
There are two types of billing methods for water service: Metered or Flat Rate and both are billed on a monthly basis. All new structures are required to have meters, therefore most homes in Missoula have metered service.
- Metered Service: Customers are billed according to a fixed rate based on meter size in addition to your water usage for the month. Many of our customers prefer metered usage as their conservation efforts are reflected by a savings on their bill.
- Flat Rate Service: Customers are billed a flat fee based on the number of rooms, baths and toilets in the home, and not based on actual consumption. There is also a separate flat rate sprinkling charge based on the square footage of the yard.
If you are interested in changing from a flat rate to a metered rate, please contact our Customer Service Department.