Jr. Playmakers Youth Sports
It’s time for another great season of Jr. Playmakers Basketball! Boys and girls in grades 1-5 will have a ton of fun with an emphasis on FUN, FAIR PLAY, and GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. Kids learn basic basketball skills from volunteer coaches and use those skills on the playing court. Games are 5-a-side with a team max of 10 players. One week of pre-season practice, a six-week league, ending with a fun tournament.
Grades 1-2: Focus is on skill building, fun and teamwork. Games are not scored, no foul shots/free throws.
Grades 3-5: Players refine their skills and game strategy, build teamwork and have fun! Games are scored and players learn to shoot foul shots/free throws.
Coaches needed! If you are a parent/coach with basketball experience, please email email@example.com. Parks will form teams; coaches may not form or submit teams. Coaches may request to coach the team on which their child/relative plays.
- Learn more
- Register online
- Registration Deadline: Monday, December 11, 5 p.m.
- Last chance registration: Wednesday, December 13, IN-PERSON ONLY from 5:30-6:30 pm at Currents Aquatics Center on a first-come, first-served basis, if space is available in the league. No registration accepted after Dec. 13, 6:30 p.m. so that we can form teams and create schedule. Sorry, no exceptions.
Sign up for Kiwanis 5 v 5 basketball with Parks and Recreation—it’s the same great FREE program for middle-schoolers. One week of pre-season practice, four-week league, ends with a fun single-elimination tournament.
Coaches needed! If you are a parent/coach with basketball experience, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn more
- Register online
- Registration Deadline: Monday, February 26, 5 p.m. No registration accepted after February 26, so we can form teams and create schedule. Sorry, no exceptions. Please register early: first-come, first-served. Due to limited gym space, registration is limited to a maximum of 40 participants per league.
Jr. Playmakers Flag Football • Grades K-7
2023: Back for a 19th season! Missoula youth in grades K - 7 hit the gridiron for another season of flag football.
Jr. Playmakers emphasizes FUN, FAIR PLAY & GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. Youth learn the basics of football from volunteer coaches and use those skills on the playing field. Jr. Playmakers is for kids of all skill levels, where equal playing time and equal participation are expected and encouraged.
Coaches needed! If you are a parent/coach with football experience and would like to volunteer, please email Shane Randle at email@example.com.
To make the scheduling process fair and efficient for all, we ask that you please observe the following deadlines:
- Friday, Aug. 11: All registration is due.
- Monday, Aug. 14: Last chance registration accepted IN-PERSON ONLY, 5:30- 6:30 pm at Currents Aquatics Center on a first-come, first-served basis if space is available in the league. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
- Sorry, no registration accepted after Aug. 14, 6:30 pm, so that we can form teams and create schedule. No exceptions.
- Registration information
|Begins week of Sept 11 - Oct. 11. Games at 5:45 pm|
5-game league with Pumpkin Bowl tournament
2-week post-season tournament Oct 16 - Oct. 25
|Coaches will set practice times and locations. Practices begin the week of August 28.|
|Fort Missoula Regional Park Softball Complex|
|Grades K-7. Leagues divided by grade levels.|
|$75/$60 Regular Fee/CityCard Fee|
Share The Fun Youth Recreation Grants for families who need financial assistance.
|Mandatory coaches meeting Mon, Aug 21., 6 p.m., Bella Vista Pavilion FMRP|
|GRADE||LEAGUE||FORMAT||GAME DAY 5:45 pm|
|K||Intro to Football Skills||5v5||Mondays|
|2||Pee Wee League||7v7||Mondays|
|5||Alternative to Contact League||7v7||Tuesdays|
|6-7||Alternative to Contact League||7v7||Tuesdays|