Energy and Climate Team
- 12 p.m.
- Second Thursday of each month
- City Council Chambers, 140 W Pine Street
Agendas & Minutes
The Energy and Climate Team aids in the community-wide education and communication of energy efficiency opportunities that minimize greenhouse gas generation and to monitor and lead energy efficiency and greenhouse gas reduction initiatives. The Team also provides recommendations to the Missoula City Council Conservation Committee on topics such as:
- Building efficiency strategies
- Municipal government operations
- Renewable energy
- Tracking energy use
- Up to seven members and up to two alternates
- One-to-three-year terms as determined by City Council
Members should have demonstrated involvement or interest in local climate action, energy conservation, energy efficiency or renewable energy.
Appointment is by the City Council.
|Members||Start of Term||End of Term|
|Brian Kerns||Jan. 1, 2021||July 31, 2024|
|Joshua Nichols||October 22, 2018||July 31, 2021|
|Trevor Bell||Jan. 1, 2021||July 31, 2024|
|Michael Dorshorst||Jan. 1, 2021||July 31, 2024|
|Chris Rowe||October 22, 2018||July 31, 2021|
|Jeremy Flesch||August 26, 2019||July 31, 2022|
|Scott McNall||Jan. 1, 2021||July 31, 2024|
|David Morris (Alternate)||Jan. 1, 2021||July 31, 2022|
City Council Committee
- Missoula's Energy Choices Brochure (PDF)
- Greenhouse Gas Reduction Policy for Municipal Building Projects, Resolution #7241 (PDF)
- Green Building Policy Briefing Paper for the City of Missoula (PDF)
- Missoula Housing Weatherization and Retrofit Assistance Program (WRAP) (PDF)
- Eating bugs is becoming the worldly thing to do, please see the linked proclamation: Missoula Entomophagy - Munch a Bug Missoula Day
For more information contact the Health Department - Health Department - Environmental Health Specialist, 406-258-4993.
The City of Missoula is recruiting Youth Team Members for the Energy and Climate Team. Youth Team Members should have demonstrated involvement or interest in local climate action, energy conservation, energy efficiency, or renewable energy. The Team is open to people 13-19 years of age, who reside within Missoula City limits. Click the vacancy link below for more information.
Position vacancies are advertised in the media approximately one month in advance. Interested in serving on a board? These are the vacant positions we are recruiting now.