This loan program allows property owners to borrow money from a participating bank at a lower rate (not to exceed low prime rates as established by Wall Street Journal money rate). The loan helps homeowners pay for sewer connection fees and construction costs to hook into the city sewer system.
- Residential and multi-family properties are eligible
- Available to all income levels
- Property can be owner-occupied or a rental
- Can be within city limits or in the county
- Maximum of $10,000 for up to an 8-year term
For the entire step-by-step process, download the brochure (PDF).
- Contact the City Development Services Department.
- Obtain bids (we recommend at least three) and choose an excavator
- Select a participating bank
- Clearwater Credit Union 406-523-3300
- First Interstate Bank 406-523-4200
- Complete the application and the acknowledgment forms and return them to the city.
For more information or to request forms, email Development Services or call 406-552-6630.