About Boards & Commissions

Community Involvement

Missoula welcomes and accommodates the needs of citizens with the spirit of voluntarism where neighbors work together for the common good to build a strong and vibrant community. Missoula's citizens are committed to community involvement and voluntarism and contribute their time and talents to make Missoula a better place in which to live and work. If you'd like to be involved, please visit the board vacancy page to view current openings


The mayor shall make, with the advice and consent of the City Council, all appointments to city boards, agencies, authorities, and commissions created by the City Council, except for those appointments the City Council reserves to itself, or those appointments reserved to the mayor exclusively, or those designated by state law.

Involvement Appointments

Appointments are made throughout the year and up-to-date membership rosters including new appointments, vacancies, meeting calendar, agendas, and minutes are published routinely to the web site. Visit the Boards and Commissions page and click on the board of interest to view these details.

Contact Us

Contact the mayor's office for additional information at 406-552-6001 or the city clerk office at 406-552-6073.


"The City Council shall create such boards, commissions, agencies, or committees as are required by state law or as desired by the City Council. Such boards, commissions, agencies, or committees shall be advisory only unless authorized by state or federal law, inter-local agreement, or duly adopted ordinance, or resolution of the City Council. Persons appointed to positions on any board, commission, agency, or committee shall serve without compensation, except for those positions permitted by state law to receive compensation." (Article IV from the City of Missoula Charter, effective January 1, 1997.)


The city makes reasonable accommodations for any known disability that may interfere with a person's ability to participate in meetings. Persons needing accommodation must notify the city clerk's office or the mayor's office in advance to allow adequate time to make needed arrangements.