Flower Beds and Boxes
Please review grounds regulations grounds regulations or contact the cemetery office at 406-552-6070
|Mar. 2||Grounds cleared - No decorations allowed on grounds|
|May 1||Deadline for payment to assure holiday planting|
|May 4||Late fees will be charged to bed and box orders|
|May 15||Flower beds ready for planting after 5 p.m.|
|May 21||Flower boxes arrive from Caras Nursery|
|May 15 - May 31||Flowers or decorations of any type allowed on grounds|
|Jun. 1||Grounds cleared of all items except those in authorized beds, boxes, or vases|
|Sept. 8||Flower beds and boxes removed|
Flower beds are prepared by the cemetery in front of the stone for families to plant and maintain
- Size: Minimum 2' but not to exceed the size of the foundation on the grave
- Annual bed preparation fee (PDF) is charged based on the size of the bed
- Beds are invoiced annually - please call the cemetery office 406-552-6070
- Late paid beds = additional charges
- Fees are non-refundable
- Graves with flush stones in front of existing stone = no bed allowed. Boxes only allowed.
- Beds are ready for planting nine days before Memorial Day
- Late paid beds may not be ready for holiday planting
- Beds are allowed through Labor Day
- Annual flowers only. No vegetable or fruit plants.
- Sponsor is responsible to plant, weed, and maintain beds
- Beds are watered systematically by the cemetery sprinkling system
- Unauthorized beds will be removed without notice
- Beds that become unsightly or overgrown with weeds will be removed without notice
Flower boxes are a regulated, wooden box placed at the head of a grave, ordered through a local nursery or you can make your own by following the regulation requirements (access fees still apply).
- Cost (includes two fees paid separately):
- Cemetery invoice: Annual box access fee (PDF) is charged by the cemetery
- Caras Nursery invoice: Annual box planting fee is charged by Caras Nursery - please call them directly at 406-543-3333
- Late paid boxes = additional charges
- Fees are non-refundable
- Boxes are placed on graves the Thursday before Memorial Day
- Boxes will not be placed on a grave until payment has been received
- Boxes are allowed through labor Day
- Sponsor is responsible to weed and maintain boxes
- Non-regulation, unpaid, or unauthorized boxes will be removed without notice
- Boxes that become unsightly or overgrown with weeds will be removed without notice
- Size: Regulation size and color requirements (access fees still apply)
- 2' long x 8" wide at base x 11-1/2" high
- 10" wide at the top
- 2" x 8" cleats on each end, protruding at least 3/4" from the end of the box for handling
- Made of wood
- Painted dark green
- Name of sponsor and deceased must be permanently and visibly placed on the box
- Annual plants only. No fruit or vegetable plants.
- Beds paid late may not be ready to plant by Memorial Day.
- Sponsor is responsible to plant, weed, and maintain beds.
- Sponsor is responsible to weed, and maintain boxes.
- Fees are non-refundable.
- Understand that wildlife love flowers